Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Haul

This weekend my mom (the woman who got me started on all this crafting) and I spent our Saturday at Joann's.  We were there for hours, and I loved every minute of it.  I was overwhelmed with colors, patterns, and choices.  After pouring over all these lovelies, I finally decided on a few projects and snapped up the notions.

Project 1:  Basket Weave Blanket (inspired by Delia Creates)
When I saw this baby blanket on Delia's blog, I couldn't resist the chunky basket weave.  It's so different from anything I've seen or made before.  However, I don't have any buns in the oven (I don't think...) nor are my friends popping any out any time soon.  So I decided to make a full size version.


Project 2: Anthropologie Inspired Apron
It's been a few years since I've tried to sew anything (and many more since I've sewn anything successfully).  I figured I'd test the waters by making a simple apron, but there is nothing simple about this fabric.  I've been obsessed with ikat lately, so when I saw this print, I knew I had to have it--price be damned! (But even though it wasn't the cheapest fabric, it was a heck of a lot more affordable than Anthro...am I right fellow poor college  ladies?!)
It's a sort of double apron, the green will the on the bottom, while the ikat print will be layered over it, a bit shorter.  Hopefully, this will make the apron ten million times cuter (and more effective at protecting my clothes when I inevitably slosh a bit of soup from the pot onto my tummy.  Every. Time).

One snafu I noticed when I got home from the shop was that it'll be a couple of days before I can get started.  I  have no idea where my sewing kit is. We moved a couple of months ago, and along with my spare camera charger, ten coffee mugs, and my cutest clothes, it must have been gobbled up by the moving monster.  I have no way of even cutting the fabric to the pattern for now.  *le sigh*

Project 3 (In progress): Finish the nubbly blue afghan
I started this a few weeks ago, but it's a bit slow-going.  I'm so excited to get it done though because it is so warm and cuddly--I can already tell!





















Tell me.  What did you work on this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment